Terms & Conditions
- You will be able to check in between 4pm and 9 pm. Please let us know if you would like to arrive before 2pm .
- Please let us know your time of arrival in advance because reception is not always manned.
- Arrivals after 9pm by arrangement only.
- We request departure by 10.30am or soon after.
- We prefer payment by debit card or cash.
- We ask for 7 days notice for cancellations to avoid any fees.
- If you cancel less than 7 days of arrival we reserve the right to charge you for the full amount of your stay, less any costs incurred due to the successful re-letting of the room.
- Cancellations for the Easter weekend or New Years requires 14 days notice.
Thank you for choosing to book with us – we hope that you will enjoy your stay. The following terms and conditions will apply to your stay.
Arrival and Departure
A deposit is not usually required at the time of booking but we ask for a credit or debit card number as a guarantee of reservation.
Confirmation of Booking
Your booking will be completed when we acknowledge receipt of your booking.
Payments & Cancellations
Damage and Breakage
We are sure you will take care whilst you stay with us and we acknowledge that accidents happen. We do however reserve the right to charge in full for any damage, distress or breakages which we consider as deliberately, thoughtlessly or recklessly caused. This includes damage to the beds, bedding and carpeting. You will be notified in writing as soon as is reasonably practical if the damage is discovered after you depart. We also reserve the right to charge further sums if we are unable to relet the room as a consequence of the damage.
We are a No Smoking Establishment. If we find that guests have been smoking in the room then we reserve the right to ask them to leave immediately. You will remain liable for the whole cost of the stay . Whether or not you are asked to leave the establishment, we also reserve the right to charge a sum the equivalent to one nights stay if we are unable to relet the room for 24 hours whist it is fully aired. You will be notified in writing as soon as is reasonable and practical if evidence of smoking is discovered after you depart.
Unfortunately we do not accept pets at Howe Keld.
We do not accept any liability for damage to your property or injury to you (or other members of our party) whist on our premises unless caused by the negligence of us or our employees.